- Native Resistance: Philippine Cinema and Colonialism, 1898-1941
Native Resistance: Philippine Cinema and Colonialism, 1898-1941
- Author: Clodualdo Del Mundo Jr.
- Award Title: Winner, National Book Award, Film Criticism, 1998
- Description: “The question that moved this study was, ‘Why is Philippine Cinema the way it is?’ I decided to pursue the leads provided by scholars like Bienvenido Lumbera and Nicanor Tiongson about the connection between Philippine cinema and traditional theatrical forms, particularly the sarswela and the moro-moro.”—Clodualdo del Mundo Jr., in the preface
- Place/Date Published: Manila: De La Salle University Press, 1998
- ISBN No.: 9715551963
- No. of pages: 175